| Avia was
founded in 1919 and produced aircrafts until 1960, aircraft engines until 1988 and
propellers ever since the company's foundation.
The company Avia-Hamilton Standard
Aviation Ltd. was founded in 1992 year, as a joint venture with foreign majority capital
investment, created by joint forces of the important aviation firms. On the Czech part
that were Avia.a.s., Walter a.s. and Aeronautical Research and Test Institute a.s. and on
the foreign part the world-wide known producer of aircraft propellers and other major
components - company UTC Hamilton Standard Division.
The new company inherited the tradition,
experiences and trade mark of Avia a.s., one of the most important producers of the
aviation technics in the central and Eastern Europe, founded in 1919 year and the same
features from the company UTC Hamilton Standard, founded in 1918 year.
That connection is resulted into more than
150 years of combined engineering, research and development experiences in the field of
the aircraft propellers guaranteeing goodwill and reliability to the products in
The possibility to use the Hamilton
Standard trade mark known in a great majority of the aviation population world-wide played
an important role, especially for the "heritage" propeller blades manufactured
by Company under license agreement.
Further ownership structure change was
performed in the end of 1998. Mr. Gerd Muehlbauer, the owner of aircraft propeller
manufacturing company MT PROPELLER Germany, replaced the Hamilton Standard company and
became the majority shareholder. During the year 1999 the company name was changed to AVIA
The new AVIA PROPELLER
is strong and modern company able to deliver the highest quality products and to develop
the most up to date aviation technologies.
AV-14 regional airliner equipped with V 50 propellers